RubyTL - Model Driven Development in Ruby
RubyTL is a set embedded DSLs (Domain Specific Languages) to develop
applications using the Model Driven Development paradigm. In this moment
it provides the following features.
- A model transformation language, also called RubyTL
- Code generation through a DSL plus code templates
- An OCL-like validation language
- EMOF and ECore import and export (using the RMOF project)
- Chaining of transformation tasks through Rake.
RubyTL is the core of an Eclipse-based IDE, called AGE,
that can be downloaded from
It is recommended to use RubyTL within AGE, since it
provides a Ruby editor with syntax highlighting, code
templates and some code completion (all borrowed from
the RDT project). Anyway, it is possible to use
RubyTL from the command line.
Download the latest version from http://rubyforge.org/projects/rubytl/.
More information and examples are available in the AGE
Author and License
Author:: Jesus Sanchez Cuadrado
Requires:: Ruby 1.8.5, Rake 0.7 and RMOF
License:: Copyright 2006, 2007 by Jesus Sanchez.
Released under the GPL license. See the LICENSE file
included in the distribution.